Swiss Psychology Open (SPO) is the official publication of the Swiss Psychological Society. SPO is a general open access journal and accepts submissions from all fields of psychology. SPO supports different types of scientific communications and publishes research articles, replication studies, registered reports, meta-analyses, literature reviews, methods papers, opinion papers, and commentaries.
Reasons to publish in SPO:
- Publications in SPO are open access and can be accessed by anyone without any restrictions.
- SPO is published online as a continuous volume throughout the year. All articles are made openly available as soon as they are ready.
- Article publication charges will be waived for contributors lacking funding.
- Article publication charges of SPO do not include hidden costs. Only effective costs of open access publishing are charged.
- Articles published in SPO are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. Authors of articles published in SPO remain the copyright holders of their work.
- SPO is aligned with and supports best open science practices (e.g., open data).
- SPO guarantees fair peer-review by anonymizing manuscripts for the review process.
- SPO aims to obtain peer-reviews within 3 to 4 weeks.
- SPO helps you to increase the visibility of your research giving you the opportunity to Guest Edit a Special Issue.
Contact for inquiries regarding SPO:
Nicolas Rothen (Editor-in-Chief SPO)
Receive the latest publications: